Development of agricultural technologies for climate change, resource recycling and environmental conservation
Related Research Projects
- “Climate change measures in Monsoon Asia”
- Development of comprehensive agricultural technologies for climate change mitigation and adaption in Monsoon Asia
- “Carbon recycling”
- Development of carbon recycling technologies to address global issues caused by agricultural waste
- Development of planet-friendly agricultural production system using biological nitrification inhibition (BNI) technology
- “Adaptive forestry”
- Evaluation of genetic resources for strengthening productivity and adaptability of tropical forests
- “Yama-Sato-Umi agroecosystem connectivity”
- Development and evaluation of environmental conservation technologies for tropical islands through an approach emphasizing Yama-Sato-Umi (Ridge-to-reef agroecosystem) connectivity
- “Sustainable land management in drylands” :
- Development of sustainable land management technologies under extreme weather conditions in drylands
Related JIRCAS Report
Dr. KAWAI Kiyosada of the Forestry Division was awarded the 25th Kira Award of the Japanese Society of Tropical Ecology. The award was given for his research on “Variations of leaf and stem traits in relation to altitudinal distributions of 12 Fagaceae species of Mount Kinabalu, Borneo”.
JIRCAS-Sponsored International Symposium on Sustainable Land Management in Burkina Faso Successfully Held
The International Symposium on Sustainable Land Management was held in Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso, West Africa, from May 17-20, 2021. The symposium was organized by the Soil Science Society of Burkina Faso, co-organized by the National Academy of Arts, Culture and Science of Burkina Faso and the Interstate Standing Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel, and supported by JIRCAS and the Japanese Society for Tropical Agriculture.
349. Technology development for climate change measures, resource recycling and environmental protection〜The Environment Program
The Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS) is working with national agricultural research institutes and other organizations in developing countries of tropical areas through cooperation, to develop technologies needed by small-scale farmers who are exposed to the effects of climate change. In addition, as part of the Green Food System Strategy, which is the culmination of Japan's science and technology innovation, a model for initiatives in the Asian monsoon region, we are promoting international joint research with countries in the region.