Collection, analysis and dissemination of information for grasping trends of international agriculture, forestry and fisheries
The law stipulates that JIRCAS must conduct two major tasks:
- Carry out technical trials, research and investigation for agriculture, forestry and fisheries in developing regions
- Collect, analyze and disseminate domestic and overseas data of the agricultural, forestry and fishery industries in developing countries
The second task is very essential in providing useful information to researchers in and out of the country, or people concerned with the technological advances and economic development of agricultural, forestry and fishery industries.
The task was not clearly distinguished from research and investigation projects in the previous Medium-Term Targets and Plans. Hence, attempts were made to clearly differentiate the activities of information collection, analyses and dissemination from the other three research programs for the new Medium-Term Targets and Plan, and to set an effective implementation of this fourth program.
To be specific, these shall be carried out:
- Accurate analyses of the status quo and forecasts on food supply/demand and production structure for agricultural, forestry and fishery industries in foreign countries
- Regular and systematic collection, analysis and dissemination of information on the international food situation, agricultural, forestry and fishery industries, and rural villages
JIRCAS shall boost the quality of this activity by enhancing the originality of information, and shall likewise expand its seminars and the homepage to improve user-friendliness for researchers, government organizations and corporations.
Related JIRCAS Report
JIRCAS joined Thailand National Science and Technology Fair 2013
JIRCAS joined the Thailand National Science and Technology Fair 2013 in Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre (BITEC), Bangkok, Thailand, which was organized by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Royal Thai Government during 6 – 21 August 2013. JIRCAS has joined the fair every year since 2007.
JIRCAS participates in “High Level Policy Dialogue on Investment in Agricultural Research for Sustainable Development in the Asia-Pacific Region"
The Asia-Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institutions (APAARI) is a regional association of agricultural research institutes whose mission is “to promote the development of national agricultural research systems (NARS) in the Asia-Pacific region through inter-regional and inter-institutional cooperation.” JIRCAS is one of APAARI’s founding members and has been an active participant in meetings and activities since its establishment in 1990.
Rama Gardens Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
733. March 9, 2023 is Millet Day on Millet Year
March 9 is “Millet Day”. The date matches the Japanese words "za" (3) and “koku (9)” which refer to millet. It was established by the Japan Millet Association, which was certified and registered by the Japan Anniversary Association. Also, since 2023 is the International Year of Millets (IYM2023), March 9, 2023 is Millet Day on Millet Year. Today’s Pick up introduces a study on pearl millet.