642. Side-Event “Creating Sustainable Food Systems in Asia-Monsoon Region through Science and Innovation” Available for Viewing
The FAO Science and Innovation Forum 2022 side-event Creating Sustainable Food Systems in Asia-Monsoon Region through Science and Innovation organized by JIRCAS was held online on October 13, 2022.
The event featured an introduction of the Japanese government's Sustainable Food Systems Strategy “MeaDRI”, followed by the first external presentation of the newly launched “Green Asia” project of JIRCAS. In addition, the climate smart rice production using alternate wetting and drying (AWD) technology, as well as the breakthrough innovation BNI (Biological Nitrification Inhibition) technology and case studies to enable nitrogen fertilizer reduction, were presented as potential technologies to accelerate innovation in the Asia-Monsoon region. The FAO representative expressed hope for the role of scientists in building sustainable food systems, and noted that, given the importance of the Asia-Monsoon region, successful food system transformation in this region could have a major impact globally.
The Green Asia Project will provide a mechanism for networking among various stakeholders in the Asia-Monsoon region. Through this project, various information and technology dissemination activities will be conducted in the future.
We have uploaded a video of the online webcast at the following links. To those who were not able to join on that day, please take a look.
FAO Science and Innovation Forum 2022 Side Event “Creating Sustainable Food Systems in Asia-Monsoon Region through Science and Innovation”
Opening Remarks, Presentations 1 & 2
Innovations 1 & 2
Presentation 3, Closing Remarks
Contributors: FUNAKI Yasuro and KOBAYASHI Shintaro (Social Sciences Division), KANAMORI Norihito (Information and Public Relations Office), IIYAMA Miyuki (Information Program)
- 789. Energy Intake and Seasons
- 788. Elucidating the Mechanisms Exhibited by Tolerant Rice Genotypes Under Iron-toxic Field Conditions in Madagascar
- 787. Genome Editing Produces Rice Plants with Improved Yield under Phosphorus Deficiency
- 786. Improving Soybean Functionality by Developing Soybean with High α-Tocopherol
- 785. Getting to the Root of Plastic Pollution