460. The 16th Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers (Japan Award 2022)
Since 2007, the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC) of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) and JIRCAS have been presenting the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers (Japan Award) to young foreign researchers who have shown outstanding performance or made outstanding achievements in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries for a developing region that will lead to future technological innovations.
This award aims to increase motivation among young and promising researchers who contribute to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions, which is promoted by Japan for the benefit of those countries.
The eligibility for candidates are as follows:
(1) Must be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment
(2) Must be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2022)
(3) Must be researchers who have the nationality of a developing country and/or territory, and belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university
(4) Must be able to attend the awarding ceremony in Japan, 2022*.
*The method of holding the awarding ceremony will be decided after taking into consideration the coronavirus infection status.
The details of the selection and awarding of the winners are as follows:
(1) Awardees will be decided from among the final applicants by the Chairman of AFFRC based on the outcome of evaluation and selection carried out by the Selection Committee. (no more than three awardees).
(2) Each awardee will receive a certificate of commendation and an incentive of US$5,000 (Motai-JIRCAS Award*).
*This award is made possible by a donation from Mr. MOTAI Shigeru, former AFFRC Chairman, and supported by JIRCAS.
For details on application documents and procedures, please refer to the application guidelines on the JIRCAS website.
The deadline for applications is Monday, February 28, 2022.
The awarding ceremonies for FY2020 and FY2021 were held on November 16, 2021 in the form of online streaming with the video shot in advance.
Please visit the JIRCAS Youtube channel (URL below) to view the video.
Contributor: OMORI Keisuke (Head, Information and Public Relations Office)
- 539. Prospects and Potential of Amaranths and Underutilized Crops for Health Promotion
- 538. Genetic and Molecular Mechanisms Conferring Heat Stress Tolerance in Tomato
- 537. Palm Oil as Resource for Future Eco-life
- 536. Water connects you and Africa ~ SDGs and Agricultural Water Use
- 535. Realizing Earth-friendly Agriculture with the Power of Microorganisms