619. Report on TICAD 8 Side Event “Managing African Soil for Food Security and Environmental Sustainability”
The TICAD 8 official side event Managing African Soil for Food Security and Environmental Sustainability ー Opportunities and Challenges of Agronomy to Solve Low Fertility/Nutrient Bottlenecks was successfully held on August 30, 2022. A report on the event has now been uploaded to the JIRCAS website.
This TICAD 8 side event is also available on the JIRCAS YouTube channel at the following links.
Although TICAD8 has ended, JIRCAS will continue to contribute to African agricultural development in cooperation with domestic and international partners.
Report on TICAD 8 Side Event “Managing African Soil for Food Security and Environmental Sustainability”
TICAD8 Tunis Declaration (28 August 2022) https://www.mofa.go.jp/files/100387033.pdf
Contributors: NAKASHIMA Kazuo (Food Program), TSUJIMOTO Yasuhiro and NAGUMO Fujio (Crop, Livestock and Environment Division)
- 747. Thinking About Regenerative Agriculture
- 744. Impact of Global Food Consumption on Future Global Warming
- 743. Planetary Health Diet Lacks Micronutrients
- 742. AR6 Synthesis Report～Humanity's Survival Guide to Defuse the Climate Time-bomb～
- "Green Asia"Accelerating application of agricultural technologies which enhance production potentials and ensure sustainable food systems in the Asia-Monsoon region