439. Video of Symposium “Fruits and Vegetables – Research and Action Opportunities for Human and Planetary Health” Now Available
The symposium Fruits and Vegetables – Research and Action Opportunities for Human and Planetary Health organized by JIRCAS, in collaboration with the FAO Liaison Office in Japan, was held online on December 6, 2021, and was a great success. We would like to extend our appreciation to all the participants.
Vegetables and fruits are an important food group to focus on in the recent food system transformation due to their nutritional and health benefits and relatively low environmental impact. This year is also the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables as designated by the United Nations. This symposium introduced the research potential and advanced technologies for fruits and vegetables to contribute to health, development, and the environment. It also highlighted the gaps that exist in the world, particularly in developing regions, and discussed the challenges and areas that require research and policy intervention.
The symposium video is now archived on the JIRCAS YouTube channel. Please check it out.
The sympodium video is also available in 5 parts.
This symposium was an official side event of the Tokyo Nutrition for Growth (N4G) Summit 2021.
Contributor: SHIRATORI Sakiko (Information and Public Relations Office)
- 540. Climate Change, Food Crisis and the International Day for Biological Diversity
- 539. Prospects and Potential of Amaranths and Underutilized Crops for Health Promotion
- 538. Genetic and Molecular Mechanisms Conferring Heat Stress Tolerance in Tomato
- 537. Palm Oil as Resource for Future Eco-life
- 536. Water connects you and Africa ~ SDGs and Agricultural Water Use