132. Living Planet Report 2020: Bending the Curve of Biodiversity Loss
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), one of the world’s largest and most experienced independent conservation organizations, has published “Living Planet Index 2020: Bending the Curve of Biodiversity Loss”. The report which uses the Living Planet Index (LPI), a measure of the state of the world’s biodiversity, showed that the population of vertebrate species has decreased by as much as 68% between 1970 and 2016. In order to recover from this decline in biodiversity, the report is proposing efforts that combine measures for environmental conservation with measures for sustainable production and consumption.
Contributor: KANAMORI Norihito (Research Strategy Office)
- Project Leader Marcy Wilder Receives the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science Award
- 265. Sugarcane White Leaf Disease Control Technical Manual
- 264. High Resolution Soil Map of Africa
- 263. NASA Study Confirms that Human Activities are Changing Earth's Energy Balance
- 262. Impact of Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security