211. The Need for Planetary Health Diplomacy
In January 2021, The Lancet Planetary Health published a commentary entitled "Planetary Health Diplomacy: A Call for Action". In the recovery from the pandemic, the participation of experts in international relations involved in the formulation and implementation of strategic policies for planetary health is requested in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals SDGs.
JIRCAS participates in international conferences and platforms in the field of international agriculture, forestry and fisheries research as representative of Japan. As part of this, the JIRCAS President participated in the G20 Meeting of Chief Agricultural Scientists (G20MACS) as the head of the government delegation, and also served as a member of the FAO Secretary-General's advisory group discussing the priorities of agricultural research related to the stable supply of food around the world and exchanging information on strengthening cooperation among countries.
Nicole de Paula, Planetary health diplomacy: a call to action, The Lancet Planetary Health, Volume 5, Issue 1, 2021, Pages e8-e9, https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanplh/article/PIIS2542-5196(20)3030…
Contributor: IIYAMA Miyuki (Research Strategy Office)
- Project Leader Marcy Wilder Receives the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science Award
- 265. Sugarcane White Leaf Disease Control Technical Manual
- 264. High Resolution Soil Map of Africa
- 263. NASA Study Confirms that Human Activities are Changing Earth's Energy Balance
- 262. Impact of Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security