73. FAO Special Feature – COVID-19: From a Global Health Crisis to a Global Food Crisis
The FAO publication “Food Outlook – Biannual Report on Global Food Markets” includes a special feature entitled “COVID-19: From a Global Health Crisis to a Global Food Crisis” contributed by Josef Schmidhuber of the Trade and Market Division, Economic and Social Development Department of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. The article compared the “Great Lockdown” of 2020 with the “Great Recession” of 2009 focusing on international food markets, identifying differences and commonalities across countries and commodities, and providing an informative benchmark on how to return the market functioning to normality, even if the pandemic continues.
The article is available at:
Schmidhuber J (2020) COVID-19: From a Global Health Crisis to a Global Food Crisis? In FAO (ed) 2020 Food Outlook - Biannual Report on Global Food Markets: June 2020. Food Outlook, 1:73-61. Rome.
- Project Leader Marcy Wilder Receives the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science Award
- 265. Sugarcane White Leaf Disease Control Technical Manual
- 264. High Resolution Soil Map of Africa
- 263. NASA Study Confirms that Human Activities are Changing Earth's Energy Balance
- 262. Impact of Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security