The FAO State of Food and Agriculture 2019 focuses on food loss and food waste
The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) released the 2019 edition of the State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA 2019). SOFA is a major publication of the FAO which aims to provide the general public with a well-balanced and scientific assessment of important issues in the field of food and agriculture. This new edition addresses the issue of food loss and food waste, providing new estimates as Food Loss Index (FLI) and Food Waste Index (FWI), a comprehensive analysis of the critical loss points in the global food supply chain, and appropriate measures that can be undertaken by policy makers for effective reduction.
Details are available at:
- Project Leader Marcy Wilder Receives the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science Award
- 265. Sugarcane White Leaf Disease Control Technical Manual
- 264. High Resolution Soil Map of Africa
- 263. NASA Study Confirms that Human Activities are Changing Earth's Energy Balance
- 262. Impact of Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security