FAO 2019 Report: The State of Food Security in the World
Related Research ProgramInformation Analysis
The Food and Agriculture Organization releasedthe 2019 edition of the “State of Food Security in the World” providing an overview of food insecurity, hunger and malnutrition at the global and regional levels. Among the major highlights, it is estimated that more than 820 million people in the world were still hungry in 2018 underscoring the immense challenge of achieving the SDG of Zero Hunger by 2030.
The report is available at http://www.fao.org/3/ca5162en/ca5162en.pdf.
- Project Leader Marcy Wilder Receives the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science Award
- 265. Sugarcane White Leaf Disease Control Technical Manual
- 264. High Resolution Soil Map of Africa
- 263. NASA Study Confirms that Human Activities are Changing Earth's Energy Balance
- 262. Impact of Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security