641. JIRCAS Holds Seminar on Resource-Recycling Agriculture in Ishigaki Island
JIRCAS will hold a seminar titled “Where is the Forefront of Agricultural Research to Promote Resource Recycling in Ishigaki Island?” on Wednesday, October 26, 2022, jointly hosted by Ishigaki City (Department of Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Commerce).
In recent years, against the backdrop of soaring prices of chemical fertilizers and compound feeds, and in response to the need for the decarbonization of agriculture, forestry, and fisheries sectors and further utilize local and unused resources based on the Sustainable Food Systems Strategy “MeaDRI” formulated by the government of Japan, there are growing expectations for resource-recycling agriculture that utilizes the abundant organic resources such as sugar residue and compost of Ishigaki Island.
In this seminar, we will focus on resource-recycling agriculture and will introduce the research content on how to maintain and improve agricultural productivity for sugarcane and other major crops in Ishigaki Island, while simultaneously reducing the environmental impact. In addition, a panel discussion will be held among agricultural producers and research institutions staff members to discuss the realizability of resource-recycling agriculture for Ishigaki.
Seminar: “Where is the Forefront of Agricultural Research to Promote Resource Recycling in Ishigaki”
Date & Time：October 26 (Wed) 2022, 13:30-16:30 (Site opens at 13:00)
Venue：Ishigaki City Community Center (Address: 1-1-2 Hamasaki-cho, Ishigaki)
Type of Event ： Hybrid (on-site and online)
Language ： Japanese only
※ Admittance is limited up to 150 persons.
※ To those who wish to attend online, please register at
Contributor: ANZAI Toshihiko (Tropical Agriculture Research Front)
- 871. African Food Systems
- 870. JIRCAS International Symposium 2023 “Innovations to enhance the resilience of tropical forests and sustainability of the forest industry”
- 869. Revisiting the Mitigation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Paddy Fields
- 868. The 4th International Day of Awareness on Food Loss and Waste
- JIRCAS International Symposium 2023“Innovations to enhance the resilience of tropical forests and sustainability of the forest industry”