The 1st International Symposium on Microbial Technology for Food and Energy Security
JIRCAS has been implementing various research projects on microbial technology, such as "Advanced application of local food resources in Asia" and "Development of biofuel and biomaterial production technologies using biomass resources in Southeast Asia". In order to promote exchange and share of technical information obtained from these projects and related researches, the 1st international symposium on microbial technology for food and energy security: Microbialtech 2013 was held on November 25~26, 2013 in Bangkok, Thailand, which is jointly organized by JIRCAS and Kasetsart University. More than 150 researchers from seven countries participated into this symposium. Focusing on microbial technology for food and energy security, the participants actively involved in presentation and discussion. The researchers from JIRCAS Southeast Asia Office also made a poster presentation about the survey results on the current states and problems of Thai traditional ferment food production and marketing, such as Khanom-jeen (fermented rice noodle), Khao-mak (fermented glutinous rice), and Pla-ra (fermented fish).
- JIRCAS Received Recognition Award at the Thailand National Science and Technology Fair 2022
- "Tropical crop genetic resources"Advancement of tropical crop genetic resources utilization through the development of database, technologies and research networking
- “Research applications/ventures”Practical application of global research results and establishment of a model platform for promoting private-sector research collaboration and creating new business ventures
- “Transboundary pest management”Development of environment-friendly management system against transboundary plant pests based on ecological characteristics
- "Ecosystem approach to aquaculture"Development and dissemination of sustainable aquaculture technologies in the tropical area based on the eco-system approach