Thailand (/ˈtaɪlænd/ TY-land or /ˈtaɪlənd/ TY-lənd; Thai: ประเทศไทย, rtgs: Prathet Thai, pronounced [pra.tʰêːt tʰaj] ), officially the Kingdom of Thailand (Thai: ราชอาณาจักรไทย, rtgs: Ratcha-anachak Thai [râːt.t͡ɕʰa.ʔaː.naː.t͡ɕàk tʰaj] ), formerly known as Siam (Thai: สยาม, rtgs: Sayam [sa.jǎːm]), is a country at the centre of the Indochinese peninsula in Southeast Asia. With a total area of approximately 513,000 km2 (198,000 sq mi), Thailand is the world's 51st-largest country. It is the 20th-most-populous country in the world, with around 66 million people. The capital and largest city is Bangkok. Thailand is a constitutional monarchy and was a parliamentary democracy until the coup in May 2014 by National Council for Peace and Order. Its capital and most populous city is Bangkok. It is bordered to the north by Myanmar and Laos, to the east by Laos and Cambodia, to the south by the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia, and to the west by the Andaman Sea and the southern extremity of Myanmar. Its maritime boundaries include Vietnam in the Gulf of Thailand to the southeast, and Indonesia and India on the Andaman Sea to the southwest. The Thai economy is the world's 20th largest by nominal GDP and the 27th largest by GDP at PPP. It became a newly industrialised country and a major exporter in the 1990s. Manufacturing, agriculture, and tourism are leading sectors of the economy. It is considered a middle power in the region and around the world.(DBpediaより引用)
Publication of “Healthy Seedcane Propagation and Distribution Manual Against Sugarcane White Leaf Disease”
A manual for measures against the sugarcane white leaf disease, which causes great damage in the Asian region especially in Thailand, and created in collaboration with Khon Kaen University etc. was published by the Office of Cane and Sugar Board of Thailand.
JIRCAS joined the Thailand National Science and Technology Fair 2013 in Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre (BITEC), Bangkok, Thailand, which was organized by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Royal Thai Government during 6 – 21 August 2013. JIRCAS has joined the fair every year since 2007.
- Pick Up
The World Bank released a report “Thailand Economic Monitor, June 2020: Thailand in the Time of COVID-19”. The shock of the new coronavirus that hit Thailand in early 2020 highlighted the vulnerabilities of the Thai economy driven by a sharp deterioration in global and domestic demand.
A meeting to assess the research needs in establishing a comprehensive management system for the fall armyworm was co-organized by JIRCAS with Thailand’s Department of Agriculture (DOA), Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives from 17th to 18th October 2019.
- Liaison Office
The Thai Science and Technology Fair is the largest fair of the year in Thailand featuring advances in science and technology. The 2019 fair under the concept of “Science, Technology and Innovation: Inspiring Creativity for Better Living and Sustainability for the Nation” was held at the Impact Exhibition and Convention Center in the province of Nonthaburi from August 16-25, 2019.
- Business Trip
- Liaison Office
国立研究開発法人国際農林水産業研究センター, 広報JIRCAS. 8 ( )
国立研究開発法人国際農林水産業研究センター, JIRCAS News. 90 ( )
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences, JIRCAS Newsletter. 90 ( )
ศูนย์วิจัยวิทยาศาสตร์การเกษตรนานาชาติแห่งประเทศญี่ปุ่น (JIRCAS), สถาบันเทคโนโลยีพระจอมเกล้าเจ้าคุณทหารลาดกระบัง (KMITL), Manual and Guideline. ( )
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences, King Mongkut’s Institute of the Technology Landkrabang, Manual and Guideline. ( )
Knowledge Transfer Seminar: Estimation of stand volume using aerial photographs taken by dronesPlace
FY 2018 RFD-JIRCAS Project Steering Committee MeetingPlace
Khon Kaen, Thailand
JIRCAS C4 Project (Higher Value Forestry) Knowledge Transfer SeminarPlace
Khon Kaen, Thailand
- Healthy seedcane propagation and distribution manual against sugarcane white leaf disease(2020)
- Designing a polyurethane-based husker roll for long-grain rice using a finite element model(2020)
- Cost accounting for evaluating liquefaction of Thai fermented rice noodles and its prevention focusing on pH management(2020)
- Use of a filamentous green alga (Chaetomorpha sp.) and microsnail (Stenothyra sp.) as feed at an early stage of intensive aquaculture promotes profitability of giant tiger prawn(2020)
- Liquefaction of Thai fermented rice noodles can be prevented by maintaining the product in acidic condition of pH around 4(2019)
- Prediction of enteric methane emission from beef cattle in Southeast Asia(2018)
- Cassava pulp is suitable as beef cattle feed and shows less variation in chemical contents among seasons and factories(2018)
- Selective protein digestion during fermentation provides a distinctive texture to traditional fermented rice noodles in Indochina(2016)
- Addition of charcoal to sandy soil in Northeast Thailand enhances growth of teak(2016)
- Dissemination of a food commodity supply and demand model for ASEAN countries through an instruction manual(2016)