Thailand (/ˈtaɪlænd/ TY-land or /ˈtaɪlənd/ TY-lənd; Thai: ประเทศไทย, rtgs: Prathet Thai, pronounced [pra.tʰêːt tʰaj] ), officially the Kingdom of Thailand (Thai: ราชอาณาจักรไทย, rtgs: Ratcha-anachak Thai [râːt.t͡ɕʰa.ʔaː.naː.t͡ɕàk tʰaj] ), formerly known as Siam (Thai: สยาม, rtgs: Sayam [sa.jǎːm]), is a country at the centre of the Indochinese peninsula in Southeast Asia. With a total area of approximately 513,000 km2 (198,000 sq mi), Thailand is the world's 51st-largest country.(Source: DBpedia)
Dr. IWASAKI Shin-ya, Researcher in the Rural Development Division, received the Best Oral Presentation Award for Young Scientist at the annual meeting of the Japanese Society of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition (JSSSPN) held at Ehime University.
On September 25, 2023, JIRCAS and the Royal Forestry Department (RFD) of Thailand held a "Work Plan Signing Ceremony" for the Adaptive Forestry Project based on the MOU between the two institutions in the capital city of Bangkok.
- Pick Up
The World Bank released a report “Thailand Economic Monitor, June 2020: Thailand in the Time of COVID-19”. The shock of the new coronavirus that hit Thailand in early 2020 highlighted the vulnerabilities of the Thai economy driven by a sharp deterioration in global and domestic demand.
A meeting to assess the research needs in establishing a comprehensive management system for the fall armyworm was co-organized by JIRCAS with Thailand’s Department of Agriculture (DOA), Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives from 17th to 18th October 2019.
- Liaison Office
The Thai Science and Technology Fair is the largest fair of the year in Thailand featuring advances in science and technology. The 2019 fair under the concept of “Science, Technology and Innovation: Inspiring Creativity for Better Living and Sustainability for the Nation” was held at the Impact Exhibition and Convention Center in the province of Nonthaburi from August 16-25, 2019.
- Business Trip
- Liaison Office
国立研究開発法人国際農林水産業研究センター, 広報JIRCAS. 8 ( )
国立研究開発法人国際農林水産業研究センター, JIRCAS News. 90 ( )
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences, JIRCAS Newsletter. 90 ( )
ศูนย์วิจัยวิทยาศาสตร์การเกษตรนานาชาติแห่งประเทศญี่ปุ่น (JIRCAS), สถาบันเทคโนโลยีพระจอมเกล้าเจ้าคุณทหารลาดกระบัง (KMITL), Manual and Guideline. ( )
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences, King Mongkut’s Institute of the Technology Landkrabang, Manual and Guideline. ( )
Knowledge Transfer Seminar: Estimation of stand volume using aerial photographs taken by drones
FY 2018 RFD-JIRCAS Project Steering Committee Meeting
Khon Kaen, Thailand
JIRCAS C4 Project (Higher Value Forestry) Knowledge Transfer Seminar
Khon Kaen, Thailand
- Enteric methane emission models for beef cattle in Southeast Asia(2022)
- Information on the genetic diversity in agronomic traits of Thai Erianthus germplasm under multiple ratooning systems(2021)
- Healthy seedcane propagation and distribution manual against sugarcane white leaf disease(2020)
- Designing a polyurethane-based husker roll for long-grain rice using a finite element model(2020)
- Cost accounting for evaluating liquefaction of Thai fermented rice noodles and its prevention focusing on pH management(2020)
- Use of a filamentous green alga (Chaetomorpha sp.) and microsnail (Stenothyra sp.) as feed at an early stage of intensive aquaculture promotes profitability of giant tiger prawn(2020)
- Liquefaction of Thai fermented rice noodles can be prevented by maintaining the product in acidic condition of pH around 4(2019)
- Prediction of enteric methane emission from beef cattle in Southeast Asia(2018)
- Cassava pulp is suitable as beef cattle feed and shows less variation in chemical contents among seasons and factories(2018)
- Selective protein digestion during fermentation provides a distinctive texture to traditional fermented rice noodles in Indochina(2016)