126. Joseph Stiglitz—Conquering the Great Divide
In the fall 2020 issue of Finance & Development magazine of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Professor and 2001 Nobel laureate in economics, Joseph Stiglitz shared his views on COVID-19 pandemic in an article entitled “Conquering the Great Divide”. The pandemic will not be controlled unless it is controlled everywhere. If it continues for a long time, the global inequalities will grow and there will be global divergence. Action should be taken from now on, including assistance from developed countries to developing and emerging countries.
The full article is available at:
Joseph Stiglitz CONQUERING THE GREAT DIVIDE. FD Finance & Development Fall 2020 Issue. International Monetary Fund.
Contributor: IIYAMA Miyuki (Research Strategy Office)
- Project Leader Marcy Wilder Receives the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science Award
- 265. Sugarcane White Leaf Disease Control Technical Manual
- 264. High Resolution Soil Map of Africa
- 263. NASA Study Confirms that Human Activities are Changing Earth's Energy Balance
- 262. Impact of Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security