57. World Bank ― The Global Economic Prospects, June 2020
On June 2, 2020, the World Bank released the excerpts of the analytical chapters from the “Global Economic Prospects” before the issuance of the full edition on June 8.
COVID-19 is having a major blow to the global economy, especially the emerging market and developing economies (EDMEs). Countries that will be particularly hit hardest by the crisis include EDMEs with weak health systems, countries that rely heavily on global trade, tourism and remittances from abroad, and countries that depend on commodity exports.
To strengthen the future economy, it is necessary to secure human and physical capital during the reconstruction period through policies that reflect the needs for creating new employment, business and governance systems in the post-pandemic era.
World Bank. 2020. Global Economic Prospects, June 2020. Washington, DC: World Bank. © World Bank.
World Bank. PRESS RELEASE JUNE 2, 2020 Countries Can Take Steps Now to Rebuild from COVID-19
Contributor: IIYAMA Miyuki (Research Strategy Office)
- Project Leader Marcy Wilder Receives the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science Award
- 265. Sugarcane White Leaf Disease Control Technical Manual
- 264. High Resolution Soil Map of Africa
- 263. NASA Study Confirms that Human Activities are Changing Earth's Energy Balance
- 262. Impact of Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security