An Overview of the United Nations 2019 Revision of World Population Prospects
Related Research ProgramInformation Analysis
The 2019 Revision of World Population Prospects has been released by the United Nations Population Division of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations Secretariat providing projections of population growth, demographic estimates, and associated population indicators such as number of births per woman, aging population, proportion of active workers etc. The population is expected to reach 8.5 billion in 2030 (10% increase), 9.7 billion in 2050 (26%), and 10.9 billion in 2100 (42%) from 7.7 million in 2019.
The full report is available at https://population.un.org/wpp2019/.
- Project Leader Marcy Wilder Receives the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science Award
- 265. Sugarcane White Leaf Disease Control Technical Manual
- 264. High Resolution Soil Map of Africa
- 263. NASA Study Confirms that Human Activities are Changing Earth's Energy Balance
- 262. Impact of Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security