The Wheat Initiative's Expert Working Group and Scientific Board Meeting
On April 2017, the 13th International Wheat Genetics Symposium was held in Austria. The Wheat Initiative (WI), which is one of several G20-related networks for agricultural research, held six satellite/Expert Working Group (EWG) meetings and a Scientific Board meeting. JIRCAS, which is an active participant to the WI, sent two wheat researchers to the meetings. Dr. Tatsuya Ikeda (Western Region Agricultural Research Center, NARO) joined the second EWG meeting on improving wheat quality for processing and health, while Dr. Hirokazu Handa (Institute of Crop Science, NARO) joined the Scientific Board meeting.
For more information, please refer to the activities of individual EWGs.
- Project Leader Marcy Wilder Receives the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science Award
- 265. Sugarcane White Leaf Disease Control Technical Manual
- 264. High Resolution Soil Map of Africa
- 263. NASA Study Confirms that Human Activities are Changing Earth's Energy Balance
- 262. Impact of Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security