The major research and development activities of JIRCAS in the 5th Medium- to Long-Term Plan which started in 2021, are grouped into the "Environment" and "Food" programs, with the aim of solving global-scale issues related to agriculture, forestry and fisheries. In addition, the "Information" program encompasses activities towards establishing a strategic information hub on the complex and diverse global environment and food system.
We have created three logos to serve as symbol for each research program, and we are pleased to release these logos to the public.
Common concept of the logos
- The images of “earth”, ”global” and "international" are integrated into a unified design to represent the commonality of the three research programs of the JIRCAS Fifth Medium- to Long-Term Plan, while retaining the uniqueness of each program to be used in various activities overseas and domestic publicity.
- Similar to an icon, each logo is designed in a simple format that can be easily recognized both domestically and internationally.
- Each logo was designed using a clean and clear shape as the base form to match the mark, and to reduce clutter and improve compatibility with the mark.
Description of each logo
- Environment：Design representing environment-friendly agricultural practices
- Food：Design that represents building a food system that is resistant to climate change
- Information：Design representing the role in dissemination of information as an opinion leader in "environment" and "food" technologies