Cooperation, Public Relations
The Dioscorea rotundara Diversity Research Set (DrDRS) , a smaller set of Guinea yam (D. rotundara) germplasm collection developed by JIRCAS in collaboration with the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture and the Iwate Biotechnology Research Center, and to be used in improving the efficiency of breeding and cultivation of Guinea yam, was featured as a science news on the website of the Crop Science Society of America.
BNI technology was featured in “Green Growth Strategy with Carbon Neutrality in 2050” of Japanese government.
In October 2020, Prime Minister Suga declared the goal of realizing a carbon-neutral, decarbonized society in 2050. In response, the government formulated the “Green Growth Strategy with Carbon Neutrality in 2050”. “Development of biological nitrification inhibition (BNI) enhanced varieties to reduce GHGs and water pollutants”, is listed as one of the promising innovations in the action plan in “Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries” sector.
- 2021-01-27JIRCAS 50th Anniversary International Symposium 2020 "The role of international collaboration in agricultural research to address challenges in the post-COVID-19 global food system"
- 2021-01-27Announcement : Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2015; Announcement of 9thCommendation Ceremony
- 2021-01-19Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2011
- 2021-01-19Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2012
- 2021-01-19Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2013
- 2020-09-08For Media and Press
- 2021-01-27International Seminar and Workshop on "Rice Research Collaboration: Past and Future"
- 2021-01-27JIRCAS International Symposium 2011 Trends of International Rice Research and Japanese Scientific Contribution - Support to GRiSP and CARD
- 2021-01-27JIRCAS International Symposium 2012 Resilient Food Production Systems: The Role of Agricultural Technology Development in Developing Regions