Chief of World Agroforestry’s Programme Development presents seminar in Tokyo
Ms Cathy Watson, Chief of Programme Development at the World Agroforestry (ICRAF) in Nairobi, Kenya gave a presentation entitled “Agroforestry as a nature-based solution”, at a seminar held in Tokyo on November 11, 2019. She shared her organization’s experiences with scientists and officers from the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF), Forestry Agency, Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute (FFPRI), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), and JIRCAS. In the wake of climate and biodiversity extinction crises, far worse than earlier thought, agroforestry is increasingly seen as a way to restore fragile landscapes by making them more resilient and productive. She provided updates on agroforestry, forestry research for development (R4D), drivers, and game-changers with specific examples from developing countries.
- Project Leader Marcy Wilder Receives the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science Award
- 265. Sugarcane White Leaf Disease Control Technical Manual
- 264. High Resolution Soil Map of Africa
- 263. NASA Study Confirms that Human Activities are Changing Earth's Energy Balance
- 262. Impact of Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security