Five up-and-coming researchers from JIRCAS will talk about the activities of the SATREPS project at the 129th Japanese Society of Tropical Agriculture (JSTA) Public Symposium to be held online on March 18, 2021. The presentations will not only explain research activities in an easy-to-understand manner, but will also focus on various efforts and strategies on how to apply and disseminate the outputs in the research sites overseas. We look forward to your participation.
Public Symposium: "Challenges in global agriculture, food and environmental issues — JIRCAS SATREPS Project"
- Date and Time
- March 17, 2021（Wed）13：15～15：45
- Japanese Society of Tropical Agriculture (JSTA)
- 13:15 - 13:20 Overview of the Symposium (Chair: TOBITA Satoshi, JIRCAS)
- 13:20 - 13:45 Contribution to food security in Madagascar by developing rice cultivation technologies that improved nutrient use efficiency (TSUJIMOTO Yasuhiro, JIRCAS)
- 13:45 - 14:10 Household survey in rural Madagascar for nutritional improvement (SHIRATORI Sakiko, JIRCAS)
- 14:10 - 14:35 Toward “Local Production for Local consumption of fertilizers” based on indigenous phosphate rock in Burkina Faso (NAGUMO Fujio, JIRCAS)
- 14:35 - 15:00 Agricultural optimization using local P fertilizer of Burkina Faso (IWASAKI Shinya, JIRCAS)
15:00 - 15:25 Address climate change with quinoa, a highly nutritious crop that withstands harsh environments (NAGATOSHI Yukari, JIRCAS)
15:25 - 15:45 General Discussion (Chair: KOYAMA Osamu, JIRCAS)
- Online via Zoom. Please join from the URL below (Closed now).
- Please download from the URL below (In Japanese only).