JIRCAS, through international collaborative research, aims to provide scientific solutions to various problems, particularly in the areas of agriculture, forestry and fisheries, confronting developing countries in various regions of the world. In line with this scheme, JIRCAS launched the JIRCAS Visiting Research Fellowship Program in 1992. Every year since then, JIRCAS has been inviting promising researchers from research organizations in developing countries to conduct research work under the supervision of JIRCAS researchers to accelerate scientific research and to improve the skills of invited researchers.
JIRCAS is now accepting applications for the FY 2021 sessions of the Visiting Research Fellowship Program. Research themes in FY 2021 are listed below. This fellowship program will be followed six (6) research themes at the JIRCAS Headquarters in Tsukuba.
1. Elucidation of the decomposition mechanism of microorganisms for protein-mixed agricultural waste and its application
Host Scientist: Dr. KOSUGI Akihiko
2. BNI-characterization of maize parental lines to develop phenotyping methodology for evaluation of double haploid population for BNI-capacity
Host Scientists: Drs. YOSHIHASHI Tadashi and G.V. Subbarao
3. Elucidation of the molecular basis for strengthening the resilience of quinoa
Host Scientist: Dr. NAGATOSHI Yukari
4. Genetic analysis of resistance against Cercospora Leaf Blight (CLB) disease in soybean germplasm
Host Scientists: Drs. YAMANAKA Naoki and KASHIWA Takeshi
5. Identification of a growth-promoting gene for enhancing soybean yield potential
Host Scientist: Dr. Donghe Xu
6. Establishment of screening methods for microbiological resources toward improved crop phosphorus (P) uptakes under highly P-deficient soils in the tropics
Host Scientists: Drs. TSUJIMOTO Yasuhiro and Papa Saliou Sarr
Applicants must agree to the following notification before your application.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan has suspended “Frameworks which enable cross-border travel between Japan and certain countries and regions (Business Track and Residence Track)” and “Entry into Japan from all countries and regions”.
The immigration procedures will be starting after lifting the restrictions of the “Phased Measures for Resuming Cross-Border Travel” by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. Therefore, the selection results will be invalid if you cannot come to Japan within the fiscal year (the end of March 2022).
To apply, please visit the following link.