Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2012 Announcement of Awardees and 6th Commendation Ceremony
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries has officially announced this year’s awardees for the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2012.
The commendation ceremony will be held on November 28, 2012 (Wednesday) at the Tsukuba International Congress Center, Epochal Convention Hall, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki.
Participant registration has already been closed but non-registered participation is also possible.
- Organized by
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council, MAFF
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012,
- Tsukuba International Congress Center, Epochal, Convention Hall 200
The purpose of this award is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing countries.
a. The candidates are young researchers who have shown outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries from a developing country.
b. Every year, the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council selects three young researchers who show outstanding research achievements that will lead to future technological innovation as awardees.
This year the award will be bestowed for the 6th time since its commencement in 2007.
Name: Sudisha Jogaiah (37)
Institute"University of Mysore
Nationality"Republic of India
Research Achievement"Antimildew compounds from wood rot fungi and sequence characterized amplified region markers associated with downy mildew disease resistance in pearl millet
Name: Kanokwan Srirattana (30)
Institute"Suranaree University of Technology
Nationality"Kingdom of Thailand
Research Achievement"Improvement of reproductive biotechnology techniques for livestock and endangered species
Name: Lijun Yin (40)
Institute"China Agricultural University
Nationality"People's Republic of China
Research Achievement"Development of technology for quality and functionality improvement of traditional foods, and application of novel emulsifying technology for new processing system
- Registration period
- PNAS Issues "Cozzarelli Prize" Certificate for the 2021 Best Paper: BNI-enabled Wheat Research
- Two JIRCAS Projects Under SATREPS Officially Start Joint Research Collaboration
- "Tropical crop genetic resources"Advancement of tropical crop genetic resources utilization through the development of database, technologies and research networking
- “Research applications/ventures”Practical application of global research results and establishment of a model platform for promoting private-sector research collaboration and creating new business ventures
- "Ecosystem approach to aquaculture"Development and dissemination of sustainable aquaculture technologies in the tropical area based on the eco-system approach