[2017 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers (Japan Award)] Announcement of Awardees and 11th Commendation Ceremony
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries has officially announced the winners of the 2017 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers (Japan Award).
The commendation ceremony will be held on November 2, 2017 (Thursday) at the U Thant International Conference Hall, United Nations University, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo.
The awarding ceremony will be open for public viewing and picture taking will be allowed.
- The purpose of this award is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing countries.
- The candidates are young researchers who have shown outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries from a developing country.
- Every year, the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC) selects three young researchers who show outstanding research achievements that will lead to future technological innovation as awardees.
- This year the award will be bestowed for the 11th time since its commencement in 2007.
- Organized by
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council, MAFF
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
U Thant International Conference Hall, United Nations University, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo (Jingumae 5-53-70, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo)
- Awarding Ceremony
- Lecture presentation by the awardees
- Participation on the day of the symposium is accepted. Please proceed to the reception desk.
- Entry fee
- Award Winners
Chandra Siddaiah NAYAKA
- Institute：University of Mysore (India)
- Research Achievement：Plant-pathogen system biology and biotechnological approaches for plant disease management
- Institute：University of Veterinary Science (Myanmar)
- Research Achievement：Dairy researches on production performances and health of dairy cows, livehoods of local farners and environmental concerns
- Institute：International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)(Research Institute of CGIAR(※2))
- Research Achievement：Development of innovative approaches to enable small-holder farmers of South Asia to achieve gains in productivity and profitability through use of cutting edge Information & Communication Technologies to guide application of site-specific nutrient and crop management options
※1 Age is as of January 1, 2017
※2 CGIAR stands for the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research
The 2017 JIRCAS International Symposium will be held at the same venue on Nov. 2 (Thursday) from 10:00am to 2:45pm. This year’s theme is “Promoting an active role for female researchers in agriculture, food, and nutrition research.”
For easy access, please visit the following website http://unu.edu/about/contact-us#location
Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers, Public Relations Office (PRO), JIRCAS