[2019 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers (Japan Award)] Announcement of Awardees and 13th Commendation Ceremony
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries will officially announce the winners of the 2019 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers (Japan Award).
The commendation ceremony will be held on November 26, 2019 (Tuesday) at the Tsukuba International Congress Center (Epochal), Tsukuba, Ibaraki.
The awarding ceremony will be open for public viewing and picture taking will be allowed.
- The purpose of Japan Award is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing countries.
- The candidates are young researchers from a developing country who have shown outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries .
- Every year, the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC) selects three young researchers who have shown outstanding research achievements that will lead to future technological innovation as awardees.
- This year, the award will be bestowed for the 13th time since its commencement in 2007.
- Organized by
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council, MAFF
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
- Convention Hall 200, Tsukuba International Congress Center (Epochal Tsukuba) (Takezono 2-20-3, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0032, Japan )
Lecture presentation by the awardees
- Registration period
- Registration fee
Japanese (Japanese-English simultaneous interpretation)
(Age*, Gender, Nationality)
Institute Research Achievement Jacobo ARANGO MEJIA
(38, Male, Colombian)
International Center for Tropical Agriculture(Colombia) Research on tropical forage grasses to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions and combat climate change MAI Thi Ngan
(34, Female, Vietnamese)
Vietnam National University of Agriculture (Vietnam) Development of a simple, accurate, and economical diagnostic test and pooled testing system for detection of porcine epidemic diarrhoea virus Rebijith KAYATTUKANDY BALAN
Plant Health and Environment Laboratory, Ministry for Primary Industries, New Zealand (New Zealand) Molecular approaches in identification, diversity and management of important insect pests in India
＊ Age is as of January 1, 2019
For easy access, please visit the following website https://www.epochal.or.jp/eng/access/index.html
Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers, Information and Public Relations Office, JIRCAS
- Two JIRCAS Projects Under SATREPS Officially Start Joint Research Collaboration
- TARF Held the International Meeting on “Balancing Agricultural Production and Environmental Conservation on Tropical Islands”
- Report on the Symposium “Fruits and Vegetables - Research and Opportunities for Human and Planetary Health”
- 434. Tokyo Nutrition for Growth Summit (N4G) Starts Today
- Report on the 15th TARF Online Open House (Nov. 8-14)