[2018 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers (Japan Award)] Announcement of Awardees and 12th Commendation Ceremony
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries will officially announce the winners of the 2018 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers (Japan Award).
The commendation ceremony will be held on November 6, 2018 (Tuesday) at the U Thant International Conference Hall, United Nations University, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo.
The awarding ceremony will be open for public viewing and picture taking will be allowed.
- The purpose of this award is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing countries.
- The candidates are young researchers who have shown outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries from a developing country.
- Every year, the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC) selects three young researchers who have shown outstanding research achievements that will lead to future technological innovation as awardees.
- This year the award will be bestowed for the 12th time since its commencement in 2007.
- Organized by
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council, MAFF
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences
U Thant International Conference Hall, United Nations University, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo (Jingumae 5-53-70, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo)
- Awarding Ceremony
- Lecture presentation by the awardees
- Registration period
- 2018-09-21 12:00 - 2018-10-30 12:00
- Registration deadline:2018-10-29 17:00
- Entry fee
(Age*, Gender, Nationality)
Institute Research Achievement Andry ANDRIAMANANJARA
(38, Male, Malagasy)
University of Antananarivo (Madagascar) Organic matter dynamics in agroecosystems of Madagascar and its effective use for crop production Farah Fazwa Md Ariff
(38, Female, Malaysian)
Forest Research Institute Malaysia(Malaysia) Production of high quality planting materials of popular herbal species in Malaysia, Labisia pumila Jinyong ZHANG(章晋勇)
Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences(China) Study on diverse micro-organisms responsible for fatal parasitic disease outbreaks in farmed freshwater fish, and development of biology-based preventative measures against the diseases
＊ Age is as of January 1, 2018
For easy access, please visit the following website http://unu.edu/about/contact-us#location
Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers, Public Relations Office (PRO), JIRCAS