Senior Researcher Koide Junji Receives 18th Young Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Researcher Award for 2022
JIRCAS Senior Researcher, Dr. Koide Junji of the Social Sciences Division, received the Young Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Researcher Award for 2022 for his work on development of a versatile agricultural management planning model for small-scale farmers.
JIRCAS Publishes BFMgh and BFMbf, Support Programs for Farm Management Planning Targeting Ghana and Burkina Faso
The farm management planning support programs, Builder of Farming Model — BFMgh and BFMbf, have been developed and released to efficiently support decision making, including technology selection, by smallholder farmers in Ghana and Burkina Faso.
- Pick UpSub-Saharan Africa imports increasing amounts of rice from Asia and North America each year to meet growing domestic rice consumption. In order to realize the goal of doubling rice production in Africa, it is essential to efficiently and sustainably cultivate rice in lowland areas. However, earth canals maintained with farmer-level technology are eroded by water runoffs and rainfall, reducing the function of the canals and making it impossible to plant rice. JIRCAS has prepared and released a manual that enables local farmers to construct low-cost irrigation facilities and maintain over the long term with their own technology.
- Pick UpThe JIRCAS Online Open House 2022 was held last month and the mini-lectures by research staff are archived on our YouTube channel. Today, we would like to introduce the mini-lecture entitled “Water connects you and Africa ~ SDGs and Agricultural Water Use”.
- Liaison Office
- Liaison Office
- Liaison Office
国立研究開発法人国際農林水産業研究センター, 広報JIRCAS. 10 ( )
国立研究開発法人国際農林水産業研究センター, 広報JIRCAS. 9 ( )
国立研究開発法人国際農林水産業研究センター, JIRCAS News. 87 ( )
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences, JIRCAS Newsletter. 87 ( )
Satoshi Tobita, Satoshi Nakamura, JIRCAS Working Report. 86 ( )
Workshop on “Improvement of Soil Fertility with Use of Indigenous Resources in Rice Systems in Ghana.”
International Conference Center University of Development Studies (USD), Nyankpala Ghana
- Mitigating income stagnation and volatility in African smallholder agriculture using small reservoir irrigation technology and stochastic programming model(2022)
- A curve number estimation model to accurately calculate reservoir inflow(2022)
- Effect of non-flooded water management on inside-canopy temperature dynamics, spikelet sterility, and grain yield of lowland rice in the tropics(2020)
- Topographical selection and sulfur application enable high grain yields in rice in currently unutilized floodplain ecosystems of northern Ghana(2017)
- Reinforcement technology that can be applied by farmers themselves using ground-cover plants for irrigation facilities in paddy fields(2017)
- High-yielding and stable rice varieties in the flood plains of Upper Volta River in Ghana(2015)
- Manual of soil fertility improvement technologies in lowland rice ecologies of Ghana(2014)
- Limited Si-nutrient status of rice plants in relation to plant-available Si of soils, nitrogen fertilizer application, and rice-growing environment across Sub-Saharan Africa(2013)
- Topographic distribution of the soil total carbon content and sulfur deficiency for rice cultivation in a floodplain ecosystem of the Northern region of Ghana(2012)
- Manual for Improving Rice Production in Africa(2011)