Announcement of Awardees and Awarding Ceremony of the 2011 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers
On November 14, 2011, the Awarding Ceremony of the 2011 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers was held at Tsukuba International Congress Center Epochal, Tsukuba City, Japan. The ceremony was well attended by many participants, including members of the Selection Committee and diplomats from the country embassies of the Awardees.
- Pick UpAsian soybean rust is a serious problem in soybean production in tropical and subtropical regions. This disease is also a problem in Bangladesh along with the expansion of domestic production. In this study, we investigated the virulence of the Asian soybean rust against known resistance genes in order to control this disease through the introduction of resistant varieties. The results showed that while the virulence of the pathogenic samples in 2016 was weak and many of the known resistance genes were effective, the virulence of 2018 and 2019 samples changed strongly. They included a strongly virulent rust samples for which seven known resistance genes were completely ineffective. While the introduction of resistant varieties is effective from a cost and environmental impact perspective, the development of resistant varieties using gene-pyramiding to deal with highly virulent rusts is needed to achieve a stable effect of control.
クラレンス・マローニー, 濱村邦夫, 国際農林水産業研究センター研究資料. 5 , 1- 61 ( )
大野芳和, 石原修二, 牛膓英夫, 尾和尚人, 濱村邦夫, 池田俊彌, 宮重俊一, 国際農林水産業研究センター研究資料. 3 , 1- 107 ( )
, 熱帯農研集報. 73 , 128- 131 ( )
沢田 治雄, 熱帯農研集報. 72 , 40- 50 ( )
Genetic diversity and landrace differentiation of Mungbean, VIGNA RADIATA (L.) Wilczek, and evaluation of its wild relatives (The subgenus CERATOTROPIS) as breeding materials
Norihiko Tomooka, Technical bulletin of the Tropical Agriculture Research Center. 28 , 1- 69 ( )
- Genetic variation in resistance in rice germplasm and differentiation of blast races in Bangladesh(2017)
- Estimation of cost and effect of food policy to mitigate rice price variation under climate change in Bangladesh(2016)
- Estimation of rice production in 1km mesh in Bangladesh using multiple regression analysis and GIS(2012)
- Necessary conditions for long-term food security in Bangladesh under the influence of climate change(2010)
- Analyzing priorities for agricultural R&D in Asian developing countries(2006)