JIRCAS VISITING RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM 2018 (Tsukuba)
- Improvement of soybean salt tolerance using molecular breeding techniques.
Host Scientist: Dr. Donghe Xu
- Analysis on the effects of ratios of NH4-N and NO3-N in the rhizosphere on nitrification inhibitors secretion and growth in sorghum.
Host Scientist: Dr. G. V. Subbarao
- Developing rice breeding lines to improve nitrogen use.
Host Scientist: Dr. M. Obara
- Characterization of new soybean genetic resources resistant to Asian soybean rust disease.
Host Scientist: Dr. N. Yamanaka
- Elucidation of lignocellulosic biomass degradation mechanism in alkali-thermophilic anaerobic bacteria Herbivorax saccincola A7.
Host Scientist: Dr. A. Kosugi
The fellowship covers a period of one year starting from October, 2018 to September 30, 2019.
- A round-trip airline ticket (economy class) (not available for dependents)
- Living allowance: \7,700 per day (excluding housing allowance)
- Allowance: Based on regulations for government housing
- Facility: Tsukuba International House (TIH)
2-1-9, Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8601
- Insurance: Overseas travel accident insurance package for injury, sickness and damage (dependents not covered)
- Be a national of a developing country.
- Be currently employed in a research organization or university in the applicant’s home country where he/she is actively engaged in research relating to agriculture, forestry and fisheries. After the completion of the Fellowship, he/she must be willing to return to his/her country to continue to carry out research at the same research institute or university.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree in a field relating to socio-economics, natural sciences or technology.
- Should be able to work exclusively on the research theme being applied for
- Should be in good health.
- Have an adequate command of English and/or Japanese language.
- Should be endorsed by the authority of the institution where the applicant is employed or affiliated.
Application Form and Related Documents
Accomplish the specified application form; select only one research theme from the list given. Applications with more than one research theme will be automatically disqualified. Send the following documents to the address given below:
- Application form
- Copy of publications (three most relevant only)
- Curriculum vitae [maximum of four pages; do not attach any certificate(s) /diploma(s)]
- Application form (PDF)
- Application form (Word)
Postal Address and Deadline for Application
To International Relations Section
Information and Public Relation Office
Research Planning and Partnership Division
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
1-1, Ohwashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8686, JAPAN
Note: Application by Fax and Email will NOT be accepted.
Deadline: Application documents must be received by May 8, 2018.
Notification of Results
Applicants will be notified of the results of their applications in late May 2018.
For inquiries, contact us through the inquiry form provided in the JIRCAS web site. Inquiries relating to research themes will NOT be answered.